Carlile College is located in the East of Nairobi – not far from where the first settlers built the railway linking Mombasa to Uganda. It is an Anglican College of Higher Education run by Church Army, Africa.
St Mary’s have had an ongoing link with the college since David Williams went to there in 1999 and took over as Principal. In 2016 Rev Captain Patience Wanzala was appointed as Principal.
There are four schools of study:
- School of Mission Studies: Provides training for men and women from all over East Africa specialising in strategic mission training with emphasis on Church planting, Cross cultural mission and Youth & Children’s Ministry.
- Centre for Urban Mission: Grassroots mission training based in informal settlements
- Centre for Continuing Education including Mission to Youth & Children
- Church Army Business School
Over 2000 evangelists from 15+ African countries have been trained at Carlile College. Through the CWT, St Mary’s gives support to the Scholarship fund for theological students in particular need.
From September 2020 St Mary’s is supporting the following students from the semi-arid region of Turkana in Northern Kenya. David Ero Lokawa, Alice Nasike Oyanae, Simon Elowo Ekai, Ruth Atelei & Emmanuel Lomoita
We have also been able to supply 54 students with ESV Study bibles.
- Wise leadership of the college and for all the teaching and administrative staff especially Patience Wanzala, Principal
- For the students we are supporting
- Due to Covid-19 the students are currently following online programmes of study, pray for those preparing the resources and that all students will be able to access them.
- The students that they may be well equipped to serve in ministries of sharing the gospel throughout East Africa.
- The college in its gospel outreach to the local community.
More information can be found here www.carlilecollege.ac.ke.